Recommended reads (for you and your children)
This is by no means a comprehensive list. It will be updated as often as possible. I welcome your input!
- The Blessing of a B Minus by Wendy Mogel, Ph.D.
- The Price of Privilege by Madeline Levine, Ph.D.
- How We Behave at the Feast by Dwight Currie (not technically a parenting book)
- How to Build a Fire by Erin Bried
- How to Sew a Button by Erin Bried
- Last Child in the Woods (Saving Our Children from Nature-Deficit Disorder) by Richard Louv
- Teaching Your Children Good Manners by Lauri Berkenkamp
General Interest books
- Selma by Jutta Bauer (hands down, my favorite book!)
- Peace for Beginners by Ian Kellas
- Ishmael by Daniel Quinn (I’m reading this to my boys)
- The 5-Minute Illiad by Greg Nagan (hilarious spoof of the classic poem among other things)
- The Happiness Project by Gretchen Rubin
- Food Rules by Michael Pollan
- Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling
- How to Train Your Dragon by Cressida Cowell
- The Big Book of Boy Stuff
- The Dangerous Book for Boys